Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn

Cliche title I know.  After getting the red tape two-step in spades, it's looking like this thing might, maybe be happening.  Everyone, myself included, had given up hope that my visa would arrive on time for the arrival deadline at AUBG.  I was already filling out housing forms and looking at Dual Enrollment for Arabic classes this week and getting back into work-study and looking for places to study abroad in the fall instead.  I hadn't even bothered to pester the embassy this week I was feeling so dispirited about the whole thing.  Then I get a missed call on my cell...

I'm still in disbelief over the whole thing.  With only one week to get everything organized my visa came through.  I was banging my head on my desk and everyone's reaction was "Are you freakin' kidding me?"  I was laughing in disbelief as the worker at the embassy told me it was approved and I could mail my passport to get it put in.   I couldn't believe my ears.  I immediately sent out a whole flurry of emails and called my ISEP coordinator and it looks like I can leave the US on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.  True to form, as everything else in my life, there's nothing like the last possible minute.  Holy cow, it's actually looking like it's going to happen.  I never would have thought this would happen if you'd have asked me a week ago. 

Off we go into the wild blue yonder!

~OwlHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment