Monday, January 14, 2013

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

There is a light at the end of the tunnel after all.  I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Atlanta just seven minutes away from the airport in preparation for my departure from the US tomorrow morning for Bulgaria.

My visa FINALLY arrived this afternoon courtesy of UPS whose definition of Overnight is vastly different from mine.  I all but tackled the driver when he pulled up to my house and I would've opened it right there in the driveway just to make sure it was actually there, but it was pouring rain and the only waterproof thing I was wearing were my shoes.  Everything was in and it was official that I was actually cleared to go.  The day was spent in a flurry of last-minute packing and a near constant state of somewhat concealed panic.  It's rather trying to fit five months worth of a life into one suitcase (turns out I had to use two due to United Airlines bizarre luggage rules).  So after six months of wrangling and applications and miscommunications and a whole roller coaster of other things it's all starting to look up.  I'm not actually going to trust that I'm in the clear until I have claimed my bags at the airport in Sofia. 

Away we go.

~OwlHeart

No comments:

Post a Comment